The United Nations Observance of International Women’s Day will be held virtually this year. The event will gather powerful voices of UN senior officials, activists, government representatives and experts from around the globe to discuss women and girls’ contributions to Gender Equality Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow.
The event will be webcast live on YouTube and UN Web TV.
Speakers will include:
- António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Abdulla Shahid, President of the 76th General Assembly of the United Nations
- Amina Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Mathu Joyini, Chair of the 66th Session of the Commission of the Status of Women
- Sima Bahous, Executive Director of UN Women
- Jane Goodall, Founder of Jane Goodall Institute and UN Messenger of Peace
A high-level panel will feature:
- Aminath Shauna, Minister of Environment, Climate Change and Technology, Republic of Maldives
- Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim, President, Association for Indigenous Women and Peoples of Chad
- Dr. Katharine Wilkinson, Author and Environmentalist; Leader of The All We Can Save Project
- Maria Reyes, Climate justice activist, Fridays for Future Most Affected Peoples and Areas (MAPA) and leading member of the Feminist Action for Climate Justice Action Coalition
The event will include musical performances by Angelica Hale and Broadway Singers.
More information about the International Women´s Day 2022 can be found here.